Friday, November 6, 2009

Katrina Never Went To College

If one looks at the extended promos of Yash Raj banner’s Kabir Khan directed next, New York, one can make out Katrina Kaif, Neil Nitin Mukesh and John Abraham play college mates. At the press meet of New York at Yash Raj Studios recently, we asked Katrina about her New York experience and her playing a college girl.

Here is what Katrina told us, “When I landed on the sets of the film on the first day I felt that I was a misfit here. The success of Singh Is King was still hovering over my head.

I had done hardcore commercial ventures and here I was on a film that was! entirely different from what I had done before. Gradually working with Kabir, John, Neil and Irrfan became so comfortable that I did not want to leave the sets and go back home.

I have never been to college in my life since I started working at the age of 17 I had to pay my rent and take my financial responsibilities. Here I had all the fun that University kids have while studying.

I was there on the sets with not much make up and simple clothes. The film really took me by surprise.”